Monday, May 11, 2009

Turning 40!!!

No not me!!! My big sister turned 40 last week and this is the card I made for her.
As she is a keen quilter I tried to do a faux quilt card. I was quite pleased with the result and it really wasn't that difficult.

The only stamps used are the numbers from the retired set Best Friends Numbers.
Card stock: Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip and Raspberry Tart DSP
Accessories: Build A Brad, Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon.

Below are examples of the post it note holders we made at the monthly workshop last Monday.


Stamp Set: Trendy Trees
Card stock: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango and Haiku DSP
Ink: Tangerine Tango and Chocolate Chip.
Accessories: 1 3/8 circle punch and striped so saffron ribbon.


Finally I am able to show you the card I made for my friend Lisa's new baby boy, as I delivered the present over the weekend. Unfortunately they weren't home so I am yet to see baby Jack.
Stamp Sets: Wild About You and Short and Sweet
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy and Baja Breeze Prints DSP
Ink: Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery and Not Quite Navy.

I have my hostess appreciation day coming up this weekend so I am busy this week preparing and will post some of the projects next week.

No comments: