Saturday, June 8, 2013

Mixed Emotions

It was a day of mixed emotions yesterday.  Early in the day I was full of anticipation as I waited "patiently!!" for the postie.  My preorder, which included a copy of the new catalogue, had been shipped from Sydney on Monday evening.  Therefore I was hoping it would arrive on Thursday, but since that didn't happen all my hopes were on a delivery Friday.  As we live on 5 acres the postie doesn't deliver parcels to me, only the card is dropped in the letterbox letting me know there is a parcel for collection at the local post office.  Well my anticipation soon turned to extreme excitement when that little card was in the letterbox at lunch time.  Not wanting to waste anytime I went straight to the post office to collect my brown box.
The staff at the post office know me quite well and I'm sure the lady could see the excitement on my face when I handed her the card.  Then she came out with the brown box!! As I was carrying the box out to the car I realised it was not heavy enough to contain all my preorder (boxes of catalogues are quite heavy!!). Written on the box was 1 of 2.  It was all ok there was another box....so back into the post office I went.

"Sorry Donna there was only the one box today, the other will probably arrive on Tuesday"

Well you can imagine my excitement was now turning to disappointment as I could tell by the weight that the boxes of catalogues were not in the box I had.  I couldn't wait any longer and so as soon as I got to the car I ripped open the brown box.  My disappointment disappeared and relief washed over me...there was my single copy of the new catalogue...pheww.
When I got home I unpacked the box completely and went through waves of excitement and disappointment.  I had the cardstock of the new in colors, but not the stamp pads (which are obviously in box 2 of 2).
Yesterday I didn't have time to play with the new goodies, but I certainly made time to look at my copy of the new catalogue.
Today I had a chance to play.......here are some of the things created with what new stuff I have....


Stamp Set: Mosaic Madness (new)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Indigo Island, Daffodil Delight and Quatrefancy DSP(new)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie and Indigo Island
Accessories: Mosaic Punch, Modern Mosaic Embossing folder.(both new)


Stamps: Postage Due and That's the Ticket
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Epic Day This and That DSP(new)
Ink: Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral and Pool Party.
Accessories: Epic Day This and That Washi Tape(new), Ticket Duo Builder Punch and Postage Stamp Punch.

Since I didn't have the new In Color ink pads I made this bookmark with the cardstock.  It also features a new neutral colour (Smokey Slate), which again I received the cardstock, but not the ink.

Cardstock: Smokey Slate, Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana. (all new)
Accessories: Mosaic Punch, Artisan Label Punch (both new) and 1 1/4" circle punch.  Modern Mosaic Embossing folder.

As you can see there are a few sneak peaks there. I did make some more cards today which I will post another day. (Don't want the recipients to see them before they receive them!!)

The new In Colors look amazing.  Pistachio Pudding is my favourite at the moment, but both my children like Coastal Cabana.

Don't forget if you wish to come along to the new catalogue launch on Sat 20th July RSVP on time (see previous post).


No comments: